- Complete new build of a 4 storey Grade 2 listed building, while retaining facade.
- Major deconstruction of the existing building requiring the design and installation of a temporary facade retention scheme.
- Extensive ground works including piling and underpinning works. Extreme challenging logistics in the removal of debris from site due to the buildings location.
- Construction of new basement fully waterproofed.
- Concrete frame and floor construction and steel and timber and steel roof frame.
- Green roof installation.
- External stone and brick cladding with timber and steel windows.
- Construction of new bespoke finishes such as joinery, structural glazing and stairways.
- Complete new mechanical, electrical and public health installation.
- New lift installation.
- Extensive site restrictions requiring installation and operation of a crane for material movement
- Intricate Party wall and neighbourly issues.
- Considerable design & build packages to coordinate and ‘work up’ buildable solutions.
Client : Howard de Walden
Form of Contract : JCT With Quants includes CDP
Status : COMPLETED
Works to 83-84 Wimpole Street & Portland Place were completed as a combined Contract for The Howard de Walden Estate with a total value of £11,000,000.